HEALTHY MOTHERS + HEALTHY BABIES
In 2021 the Healthy Mothers + Healthy Babies maternal health program was “birthed” and provided care to over 150 pregnant mothers & their babies. It has been a resounding success! Mothers received monthly check-ups by a skilled midwife, prenatal vitamins, nutrition counseling, testing and treatment for common pregnancy-related illnesses and delivery with a midwife.
In 2022 we are expanding services so that even more mothers and babies will have a healthy start!
Expansion Goals for 2022
- Double the number of mothers and babies in the program.
- Provide an emergency transport vehicle so mothers and babies can receive the emergency care they need.
- Offer HIV and STI testing and treatment referrals.
- Begin health education classes in our secondary partner schools.
- Start a vitamin program for young children by providing Vitamin A and Albendazole.
- Offer parent education seminars.