The nation of Haiti continues to experience uncertainty and struggle due to protests over the current economic and political situation. Roads are blocked by those in opposition to the current government which is creating food scarcity and soaring prices, especially in rural areas like Williamson and Luly. Fuel shortages are making it difficult to provide power to wells and businesses. Life is on hold as children and teachers are unable to get to school and work. Most of the general population are not a part of the disruption, but they are all suffering from it.
One of the most important ways we can support the Haitians is to lift them up in prayer. We are asking that you will join us in prayer for the country of Haiti and its people. We serve a mighty God who is still in control and hears our prayers when we cry out to Him! Below are some ways you can be praying for the country of Haiti during this time:
- Pray that each of us would continue to be moved with compassion and desire to serve the poor and those who are hurting in Haiti. Isaiah 58.
- Thank God today for the World Wide Village Haitian staff. Pray that they would be protected and would continue meeting needs as they’re able.
- Pray that God would pour out his mercy on this country and move in ways we could never imagine as His people cry out to Him.
- Pray for the protesting to cease and for there to be peace in Haiti. Pray for a peace that comes from justice done, not just for things to grow quiet. Psalm 34:14 “Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.”
- Pray that people’s most basic necessities would be provided for as supply routes are cut off with roadblocks. Pray for food, water, shelter, medical care and safety.
- Pray for wisdom for the government leaders in making decisions and that the government would protect and care for its citizens. Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
Ephesians 3:20-21 “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
The enormity of need in Haiti can feel overwhelming to us, but not to the Lord. We should be encouraged by the reminder that the Lord delights to hear and answer the prayers of His children. Let’s pray and trust that the Lord is intervening in Haiti.