Thank you for the gift of a new school year. With gratitude we pray for students in Haiti as they begin heading back to school. Lord, we ask you to provide children in Haiti with the following according to your Word.
- Confidence. Help children in Haiti see themselves through Your eyes and draw strength from their confidence in You. “God is within her; she will not fall.” Psalm 46:5
- Kindness. Enable children in Haiti to be a blessing and a light to those they encounter. “So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Wisdom. Open children’s hearts and minds to your ways and enlighten them with insight into your will. “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” James 1:5
- Self-control. Give children in Haiti the discipline to work hard, control negative impulses, and grow in the virtues that draw them to you. “No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.” Hebrews 12:11
- Strong relationships. Surround children in Haiti with positive influences and godly friends who help them grow in your image and become the best version of themselves. “Do not be deceived: ‘Bad company ruins good morals.’” 1 Corinthians 15:33
- Courage. Instill in the children of Haiti the courage to be true to themselves and faithful to You, even if it means standing alone. “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8
- Faith. Fix children’s eyes on the big picture and keep their minds in awe of Your ability to create, control, and sustain the universe. “The men were amazed and asked, ‘What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him.’”Matthew 8:27
- Peace. Calm children’s hearts in Haiti when they feel afraid, stressed, worried, or lost. Living in Haiti can be so difficult. Remind them you are the God of peace. Make Your presence known as You carry them through trials and challenges. “I am leaving you with a gift, peace of mind and of heart. And the peace I give you is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” John 14:27
- Clarity. Help children in Haiti hear Your voice and see You at work in their lives. Make it clear what You want them to do. “For God speaks again and again, though people do not recognize it.” Job 33:14
- Fortitude. Give children in Haiti strength and grit when they get tested and help them recognize any escapes that You provide. “And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
- Protection. Armor the children of Haiti physically, mentally, and spiritually. Surround them with angels to guard them and guide them. Cultivate sharp instincts in each of them that allow them to be gentle yet smart. “Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.” Matthew 10:16
- Hope. Equip the children of Haiti to bounce back quickly from daily disappointments. Keep them anchored in the hope of heaven, the joy of Jesus, and the security of Your promises. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Prayers adapted from: https://www.karikampakis.com/2016/08/12-back-to-school-prayers/