A special thanks to everyone who has joined us in praying for the country of Haiti over the last two months. Protests and roadblocks due to the current economic and political situation continue to plague the country and place a burden on the most vulnerable in Haiti. Please continue to pray for Haiti. We know God hears our prayers and we trust that peace will come to Haiti soon.
Until then, rural villages like Williamson and Luly are among the hardest hit areas in Haiti right now. Why? Williamson and Luly are located along the western coast of Haiti on Route National Highway 1. This national highway is the one major road leading from the capitol city of Port-au-Prince to northern areas of Haiti and is a major route for moving food and other goods around the country. This road is being blocked at various points along the way, making it very difficult for the people of Williamson and Luly to access food and supplies from the larger cities of Port-au-Prince, Arcahaie and Saint Marc.
Food and supplies that do make it through to the local markets are expensive and in high demand. The most economically vulnerable in Haiti are suffering as markets that are typically filled with food and other goods are now scarce. Thanks to your ongoing support of World Wide Village, we are working to partner with local churches to provide much needed food to those most in need.
Our staff are working hard to get sacks of rice and beans, cooking oil and seasonings to our partner churches to distribute to those people in the villages who are most desperate for help. We trust that God will provide what is needed, even with roads still blocked and food in short supply in the villages. Oh how we long to be able to feed the 5,000 with just five loaves and two fish, like Jesus!
Please continue to pray for the country of Haiti and its people:
- Pray for the protesting to cease and for there to be peace in Haiti. Pray for a peace that comes from justice done, not just for things to grow quiet. Psalm 34:14 “Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.”
- Pray also for an inner peace for those who are struggling that comes only from faith in Jesus Christ. John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- Pray that people’s most basic necessities would be provided as supply routes are cut off with roadblocks. Pray for food, water, shelter, medical care and safety.
- Pray for wisdom and humility for the government leaders in making decisions and that the government would protect and care for its citizens. Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
- Pray today that God would use the suffering of the people of Haiti for good. Pray that many would cry out to God in the midst of this trial and many would come to Him for salvation. Romans 10:13 “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- Pray that each of us would continue to be moved with compassion and desire to serve the poor and those who are hurting in Haiti. Isaiah 58.
- Thank God today for the World Wide Village Haitian staff. Pray that they would be protected and would continue meeting needs as they’re able.
- Pray that God would pour out his mercy on this country and move in ways we could never imagine as His people cry out to Him.